tisdag 27 september 2011

Rising

In the 1400 century, the Lithuanian expansions reached the black sea - the peak of there greatness. At the same time Poland and Lithuania made an union. Due to the exceptional manpower from Poland, the modest size of Lithuania and it's inhabitants, they were displaced by Poland. Many hundred years later on in the 1800 century, the Swedes lead by Gustaf X were fighting Poland and made an alliance to Lithuania - for a short period of time - which we all know of in Scandinavia - If we were awake on the history lessons. After the retreat of the Swedes the results were as follows: The Lithuanian people were in the hands of the Russians, but the people of the small country on the Baltic seaboard there were fighting the Russians, the Lithuanian people wanted to be on there own - as all the other people of the worlds nations. It went on and of for many years. The Russians were next door and the country of Lithuania was a small and easy target for the big power of Russia.

In the middle of the 2000 century  in the year -41 to -44 the Nazis were here for a short period of time - forcing the Russians to leave the country. When the second world war was over. The long occupation for over 50 years, took place by the Russians. Later on when the US won the cold war and the Russians have to rebuild the there own nation, due to an economic depression. The remnants from the great Russian dominance for over  half a century are still here, in old building - architecture from the past. It is an admirable city on it's way to rise again. The history often repeats it self over and over again as in the fact of history - that small nations easily can be used by greater powers as stepping stone to conquer more land and to reach bigger nations. This the country and it's residents. Is on it's way to strengthen and rise, in the way as a small nation - in the name of capitalism and structure.Cause we have real strong small nations as Switzerland, Norway and Monaco in Europe due to stable economic. So now it's time for Lithuania to succeed. In many ways I, recognize myself; in a short period of time, 7 years in comparison to the history of a hole country - metaphorical speaking. From the car accident witch resulted in "acute subdural hematoma"- mortality rate 60-80% (a bleeding in the brain) the 26'th of September 2004. Just 7 years ago, I had to start all over again to learn the balance - keep the equilibrium and to interact with other homo sapiens, from a drooling hospitalized cretin with no balance. I remember the feeling of trying to cross a ditch, it was Grand Canyon in my world. But i knew, I will never give up, rather the opposite. Do it faster than the doctors council. The physical abilities was easy, however, the mental part as cognitive, memory and logical skill took a long time to heal.

In a small way - metaphorical speaking, I have a lot in common with Lithuania. On my way to rise again, much stronger and wiser of life experience to seize the day, every day.. Cause I'm convinced that "The pen is mightier than the sword" coined by Edward Bulwer -Lytton in 1839. That's why I have a "feeding frenzy" in litterature and cardiovascular training, due the amount of reading, I need to take care of my body - the life is to short for doing nothing, and for mishandling the body. I don't drink alcohol (except a beer to relax) or caffeine containing beverages, tries to keep a nutritious and regular intake of food.Since the accident, I can not stay still and do "nothing" instructive. I live the day as it's my last, just 100% in everything - meaning, doing the best I can. Sometimes I overachieve - in good as well as bad, however, I always learn from the wrong doings, trust me it happens a lot, I am not the favorite person in my old entourage, cause I can be perceived as very swift in my actions - cause I don not "waste time". So sitting here in the country of Lithuania Starting Med-School tomorrow at 1130. In the name of overachieving myself: from acute Subdural Hematoma (SDH) to become a neurosurgeon - how hard it can be? Only time will tell and I won't back down,  only the horizontal way with cardiac arrest can stop me. Only success matters. Cause I want to help other people in the same way medicine helped me - neurosurgery - in the name of altruism.