lördag 17 september 2011

Bad as

Notes from Bali, the 22'th and 23'th of August.
I am on the other side of the globe, no friends, family or relatives and money left , except 180 000 Rupiah(134 kr) - cause my credit card was on an personal "road trip" whit out me. Nordea (Swedish bank) was not fast to deal with, regarding money transfer. So I took the scooter and went for a long trip towards the higher parts of Bali, on the countryside (instead of feeling cranky and low) - where the rice fields are. Driving real fast with the scooter ( 40-60 km/h) when somebody suddenly taped my on right shoulder - at this high speed. There he was, a cool looking dude with black Oakley's. So I gently pulled over. He was so cool and manly when he slowly walked up next to me, he walked in super slow mo, as an classic Highway patrol officer, in a American movie from the 80's. I felt this is was real bad, bad indeed, cause I didn't have driving license or registration with me, and ad the traffic violations, I have broken on my crouch rocket - vespa. I needed to act as a an poor tourist, student, surfer boy, with no money or hope - (actually It was true, except for the hopeless part). So he could feel more superior, as an "GOD" of the highway. In a way, I tried real hard to keep my sad, emphatic impression on my face and not to burst in to laughter when this 5 foot long police officer with Oakley's approached me, remember, in super slow motion - as a bad cop from a Dirty Harry movie.
- license and registration please!
I had to keep to my role character. Apparently I rode the red light and no driving license. This was so bad, not a situation to argue with Dirty Harry, however, he was a simple police officer used to struggle with the math in high school. Simple psychology should do the trick( I hoped). I was apposed to attend at court in 14 day from this day, (can't do that, I'm in Lombok at that date, trying to learn surfing - I was thinking to my self), to pay my fine of 2 500 000 ruphia (1864kr). We talked on, and finally he let me go with a warning, and left - of course, in super slow mo in the extremely manly way, he was a bad as - In his own point of view anyway. Thank you not spoiling my visit to Bali, Mr police officer.

Now the flight to Lombok and the local surf camp in on. Leaving Bali,  the 31'th of August. Heading to the jungle, with all the mosquito and malaria. Malarone is packed. Moving on. B-)