lördag 17 september 2011

Lex Luthor

Notes from Lombok, the 14'th of September. Among the white smiling faces of kids, parents and the elderly in a village, of the southern part of Lombok. I see joy and happiness. The kids playing on the main street; a narrow, bumpy village road filled with holes, "free" dogs (dogs living there), crossing chickens chased by the virile rooster of the village, woman emptying water from the dishes. The kids have the "time of there life", big white smiles - as i should be in the younger days of the youth, pure fun - the way to learn motor skills, and to adapt for the environment.

Just got back from the mall of Mataram - where I staying the last night of my visit to the island of Lombok. The contrast are breathtaking and conspicuous, of the new material world we live in - the money profit part of the globe. Kids playing with the new toys, driving small scale cars, custom made for children, however, the kids are not as happy as the kids playing on the streets of Gerupuk, Lombok (the small village I just visited, filled with holes and chickens). But the parents running behind the kids in Mataram mall, where the kids driving small scale, Ferrari's, BMW and Mercedes - they justifies the kids to be clones of there wellsprings - the parents, the are the ones smiling and having fun. Trust me, the kids from spartan way of living in Gerupuk, arrays much more happiness notwithstanding physical endurance and motivation of life. These reflections from the new experiences I got in Bali and Lombok, makes me feel concerned about the small presents I just got to my own offspring's; Saga and Terje. Classical toys in a typical genus perspective, nevertheless some other cultural things from the old cultivation of the Island of Lombok - present they will understand further up on the road (when they get older), that's why I also bought the more general toys, they recognize. I have a uniform idea of optimizing the living and to make a difference for my own offspring, and to make the "right" ethic/morality choices of life, for all people I come in contact with, hopping to be a inspirer for fellow world citizen's. Remember, pure happiness, don't grow on trees, in the world we are use to. Just wanna make a difference for man kind, helping out.
Your sincerely "Lex Luther" a new nick name I got, from the head coach of surf camp Lombok